Wild & The Moon is a 100% vegan, 0% gluten, 0% chemicals fast food concept known as “Fast good.” In other words, it’s excellent but healthy and […]
The Home Depot increases revenue and lifts sales by optimizing their brands’ visibility
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer with over 3000 stores throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. In August of 2020 the Atlanta-based company posted its strongest quarterly sales growth in nearly 20 years, with May-to-July revenue up 23% to $38.1 billion, compared with the same period in 2019. To guarantee successful shopping experiences, the retailer places customers at the centre of all its operations by offering personalized experiences.
The Home Depot saw an opportunity to increase revenue and lift sales by optimizing their brands’ visibility throughout the consumer’s purchasing journey. While the company had previously used traditional digital screens to communicate with their clients, there was no strategy to monetize the network, nor obtain insights about client buying behaviour. Considering that more than 70% of purchase decisions are impulsively made in-store (as per POPAI & Geoblink, 2020), the potential to lift sales by broadcasting the right information on showcased products is significant.
The home improvement retailer wanted to improve on its previous project by calling on one company to manage all aspects of the project: software, hardware, and content (which included corporate information and advertisement), as well as data metrics analysis and insights. The company chose DART Innovation, a Telelogos partner and integrator with a proven track record in helping brick & mortar retailers optimize their sales through digital marketing.
DART Innovation worked closely with Telelogos to meet the client’s requirements which include the following:
- Create and schedule flexible & dynamic content based on over 20 conditions such as location, brand, store number, aisle type, product category, product type…etc. Campaigns are split between instore brand paid advertisement and corporate messaging.
- Enable the capability for A/B testing and optimization.
- Obtain real-time detailed proof of play statistics, that can be integrated & analysed with PowerBI and other solutions.
- Remotely monitor screen uptime through real time indicators, screenshots & logs
- Remotely manage and administer the different fleets of devices (Android & Windows).
- Receive alerts by email according to user-defined compliance criteria.
- Home Depot and participating brands gained the ability to drive brand awareness, increase purchase intent, and drive sales lift through relevant & engaging in-aisle video content.
- Detailed reports linked to a dynamic dashboard (PowerBI), allowing in-depth co benefit analysis and overall campaign management
- Proof of play and audience reports linked to addtional client datasets via API to enable greater insights
- Via the device management functions, screen availability and uptime have been kept over 98%.
CEO, Dart Displays
“ We work with Telelogos for their flexibility and the breadth of capabilities they provide as both a CMS and remote device management platform. The flexibility of their software and the highly collaborative and responsive attitude have made them the right partner for us as we grow and scale our networks. They take our business as seriously as we do, and operate as an extension of our team when needed. We look forward to everything we can build together in the future! ”